RF Skin Tightening Chicago
At MINTS Medical, Dr. Iftikhar Ahmad and his team offer Radio Frequency (RF) Skin Tightening treatments. Give us a call or book a free consult online to schedule an appointment.
Radio Frequency (RF) Skin Tightening Q & A
WHAT IS RF?
RF stands for Radio Frequency. RF waves are like radio waves that are delivered to the skin surface.
HOW DOES RF WORK?
Like any other form of waves, RF carry energy and deliver that to the tissues where they are absorbed. There are many types of RF probes. Unipolar, Bi-Polar and Multi-Polar. In Bi-Polar and Multi-Polar probes, the energy is transmitted from one to the other probe in the process passing through the skin and underlying tissue. Heat stimulates collagen formation and skin tightening. Unipolar probe emits RF into the body and causes heat in the deeper tissues which leads to destruction of fat cells.
IS RF SAFE?
In energy range used in aesthetics, RF is very safe. Excessive use in a small area can however cause burns
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY RF TREATMENT?
- Avoid sun exposure and sunless tanning. Sun burned, or tanned skin will not be treated.
- It is best to avoid topical products like Retinols, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid and anti-aging products prior to the treatment.
- If you have had Herpes in the treatment area, please let us know before your appointment so we can prescribe anti-viral treatment.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER MY RF TREATMENT?
- It is normal for the treated area to have redness and swelling. It is uncommon for a blister to bruise to develop. Should you develop a blister, an over the counter topical ointment such as polysporin can be used twice daily until healed.
- Avoid ice packs to maximize the treatment results.
- Makeup can be applied immediately after treatment.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms for 24 hours after treatment.